I received an e-mail recently that gave me a good laugh. When writing a story, we’re either in the hero or the heroine’s Point of View and if any of you ladies have ever wondered what your male is really thinking—even if he just comments with “Yes, dear,” then you need to read the following things that guys wish women knew and understood.
1) Men are NOT mind readers.
(All I can say to that is Thank Goodness!! But maybe this means we can just give him our Christmas list?)
2) Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it Down.
We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about
you leaving it down, right?
(Okay, so maybe we gripe a little too much about sitting on cold porcelain in the middle of the night or, worse yet, sit down into the water-filled, cold porcelain.)
3) Crying is blackmail.
4) Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do
not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say
(Yep, here’s the permission to give him the Christmas list !!!)
5) Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
(Can you imagine that ever happening? Nope, neither can I.)
6) Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's
what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
(Okay, glad we got that straightened out.)
7) Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact,
all comments become null and void after 7 Days.
(Hey! That’s not fair! That’s outlawing some of our best weapons!!!)
8) If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.
9) If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways
makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one
10) You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done.
Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.
(Not sure I want to touch that one!)
11) Whenever possible, Please say whatever you have to say during commercials.
(Isn’t that when they’re asking us to get them a drink from the kitchen?)
12) Christopher Columbus did NOT need directions and neither do we.
(I’m not brave enough to touch THAT one. lol )
13) Don’t ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball or motor sports.
(Now we know why they don’t ask us what we’re thinking…they don’t care about clothes or what we need at the grocery store)
14) You have enough clothes and too many shoes.
15) Thank you for reading this. Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch
tonight. But did you know men really don't mind that? It's like camping.
See any truth in these? Are there any others that your guy as told you about?
Just remember: Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change. Life's too short to be anything but happy.